Author Topic: Printer issue -- annoying  (Read 2699 times)

jazz

• Galactic Overlord
Printer issue -- annoying
« on: November 11, 2015, 04:37:21 PM »
I have an old B&W HP 1320 TN printer, had it for probably 15 years and never had a lick of trouble with it.

But now twice in the last two days I've gone to print out something and it didn't print the last page. These are like 7 or 8 page documents and they print fine and look fine, but the last page is missing from the run. Both times there was plenty of paper in the machine, and there was no jam.

The first time I ignored it, but now I'm beginning to wonder if I should start thinking about getting a new one. I can live with this problem, but is it possibly an indicator that something is awry with the electronics?

All thoughts welcome.

kimberlygretchen

• Mad Chatter
  • a very stable genius
Re: Printer issue -- annoying
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 05:32:42 PM »
If it's not printing only the last page I would suspect your application.

What are you printing from… Word, Safari, or what?

Worth trying: If you have an 8 page Word document, try printing only the first 6, and see if the last page is dropped then.

k-g
When you see the suffering and pain that it brings, you’d have to be blind, mad, or a coward to resign yourself to the plague. — Albert Camus

jazz

• Galactic Overlord
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 07:03:44 PM »
Thanks K-G. Yes I noticed it in Word and Word only. Once I was printing the entire document, 8 pages, and it dropped off page 8. In another document I was printing only pages 1-6 out of 7, and it only printed 1-5, dropping off page 6.

kimberlygretchen

• Mad Chatter
  • a very stable genius
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 07:12:47 PM »
Thanks K-G. Yes I noticed it in Word and Word only. Once I was printing the entire document, 8 pages, and it dropped off page 8. In another document I was printing only pages 1-6 out of 7, and it only printed 1-5, dropping off page 6.

Word infuriates me! I guess the solution would be to specify 1 more page than you want to print.

FWIW, on the Mac, I use TextEdit for 99% of my documents. It doesn't have all the bells & whistles as Word, but frequently in Word (on a PC) I get lost in those bells & whistles. :P

k-g
When you see the suffering and pain that it brings, you’d have to be blind, mad, or a coward to resign yourself to the plague. — Albert Camus

jazz

• Galactic Overlord
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 08:08:39 AM »
Thanks for your insight Kim, but not using word isn't an option for me, because of my extensive customized user dictionaries and auto-corrects. Also, I've used Word since 1988, beginning with Word 4, upgrading only when absolutely necessary. Currently I'm using Word 2008 and I am not totally convinced that word is causing this printing problem, since there has never been any problem before these last two instances.

kimberlygretchen

• Mad Chatter
  • a very stable genius
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 08:33:54 AM »
Thanks for your insight Kim, but not using word isn't an option for me, because of my extensive customized user dictionaries and auto-corrects. Also, I've used Word since 1988, beginning with Word 4, upgrading only when absolutely necessary. Currently I'm using Word 2008 and I am not totally convinced that word is causing this printing problem, since there has never been any problem before these last two instances.

Understand. That's about when I started using Word, also. I think it peaked at 5.1.

Then MS kept piling crap onto it so they could sell upgrades. ::)

k-g

vly3

• Galactic Overlord
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2015, 10:37:08 PM »
You could add an extra blank page at the end of your documents, then it would print everything but the last blank page.

jazz

• Galactic Overlord
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 04:35:43 AM »
You could add an extra blank page at the end of your documents, then it would print everything but the last blank page.

V, I like the way you think!