Poll

Who thinks the game threads should get their own separate area?

Yes please
22 (88%)
Absolutely not, they belong on the soapbox board
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Weekend fun thread: Shouldn't there be? (Poll added)  (Read 8520 times)

Book_meister

• Mad Chatter
    • Book_meister Amazon Storefront
Re: Weekend fun thread: Shouldn't there be? (Poll added)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 06:52:45 PM »
I have never done this but, I have heard if you have a spare remote at home you can have someone press the unlock near the telephone and if you hold your cell phone near the car it will unlock it I should try this to assure myself it works.

David
The police are only minutes away when seconds count. Don't be a soft target.

Patriots and globalists are mutually exclusive.

kimberlygretchen

• Mad Chatter
  • a very stable genius
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 07:53:23 PM »
I have never done this but, I have heard if you have a spare remote at home you can have someone press the unlock near the telephone and if you hold your cell phone near the car it will unlock it I should try this to assure myself it works.

David

There are at least three different remote technologies:
- radio frequency
- audio
- light frequency

AFAIK, all keyless entry remotes for autos use radio frequency, and wouldn't work over a phone, any more than shining a flashlight at the phone on one end would result in light coming out of the phone at the other! :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_keyless_system

In kindness,

k-g
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:15:09 PM by kimberlygretchen »
Got jab?

Dandiman

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 08:10:02 PM »

David

I read were you can use a tv remote and aim it at a traffic light and punch in 911 and it will change a red to green.  I have no idea if it will work or if you have to program it but I am sure that it is illegal.

kimberlygretchen

• Mad Chatter
  • a very stable genius
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 08:27:40 PM »
I read were you can use a tv remote and aim it at a traffic light and punch in 911 and it will change a red to green.  I have no idea if it will work or if you have to program it but I am sure that it is illegal.

I'm highly skeptical. Lets see? you have a TV clicker in one hand, a cell phone in the other.

You dial 911 and tell them what when they answer?

And in the other hand you hit what? channel 9? Volume up? Rewind?

If traffic signals were designed to be controlled remotely -- perhaps for police/fire/rescue to breeze through, I think I would have observed that. But at least in my neck of the woods, such technology almost certainly is not in use. The emergency vehicles still have to crawl through the intersection slowly with siren/horns blaring and traffic light not changing.

In kindness,

k-g
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 08:30:11 PM by kimberlygretchen »
Got jab?

Dandiman

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 09:01:27 PM »
kimberly,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZL_QlxBqQs

I don't make the news I just report it.   ::)