Author Topic: Firefox 29 now available to download  (Read 1870 times)

Marsin2010

• Galactic Overlord
Firefox 29 now available to download
« on: April 29, 2014, 02:43:19 PM »
As per the title, the new version of Firefox is now available.  There are significant changes to the appearance of the browser but it really works the same as before.  There is more customization one click away.  It is very easy to move toolbars and icons around the browser frame and addons are managed somewhat different from before. 

Of course, I immediately downloaded it and am still getting accustomed to all the features. 

Post any questions here and we can try to find the answer, not that anything really mysterious has appeared.

Old and In The Way (aka Lake)

• Mad Chatter
Re: Firefox 29 now available to download
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:47:37 PM »
Thanks for the headsup.

I disabled my automatic updates.

Any major change to FF causes me grief and I wait until the first round of fixes.

I use it very differently than you do, and such addins as Trusteer Rapport for online banking often need updates before they function properly with a new FF.

erltprl2

• Administrator
  • Mad Chatter
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 02:53:30 PM »
trying now
Interesting!

Marsin2010

• Galactic Overlord
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 03:18:19 PM »
Intermittent users of Firefox now paying attention due to the IE fiasco should realize that one does not HAVE to do the upgrade right now unless your browser is set to install updates without asking.  That is not really the best way to have it set.