Author Topic: Selling after a hiatus (eBay)  (Read 399 times)

Rhothgar

Selling after a hiatus (eBay)
« on: March 06, 2022, 01:49:27 AM »
Hi all,

A couple of quick questions. I sold on eBay many years ago (like 20 years). I have some things that I want to list on eBay but since it's been so long since I've sold on there I've been putting off doing so. Is there somewhere I can look up simple instructions for listing on eBay. The first few questions I've thought of are:
1. What is the character limit for titles? I believe it was 45 characters when I was selling, but don't know if it's changed.
2. Are you still allowed to use simple HTML (to do things like font size, italics, and character map characters)? And is it a good idea to do so still? Back when I sold on eBay, there were no smart phones so no need to optimize your listing for things like that.
3. Payment methods? Way back in the dark ages, I said that I preferred payment via PayPal and if I remember correctly eBay basically insisted that you accept PayPal. Not sure what has changed in that area.

Any help/advice is appreciated.

kimberlygretchen

• Mad Chatter
  • a very stable genius
Re: Selling after a hiatus (eBay)
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 06:21:07 AM »
Welcome back, David!

How is your wife's health? (improved, I pray)

I believe the char limit for titles is now 80.

AFAIK, you can still use HTML.

Sorry I don't have answers to all your questions.
Trauma may happen to you, but it can never define you.   Melinda Longtin

Book_meister

• Mad Chatter
    • Book_meister Amazon Storefront
Re: Selling after a hiatus (eBay)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 01:07:30 PM »
I would try listing something then put as many characters in the title as you need to.  I am fairly sure if you have too many characters it will become obvious.  The title portion will simply no allow the first letter to exceed the limit.  250 items are free of insertion fee.

David
The police are only up to 40 minutes away when seconds count. Don't be a soft target.

Patriots and globalists are mutually exclusive.