Author Topic: Google News Redesign Is Not An Improvement  (Read 1879 times)

erltprl2

• Administrator
  • Mad Chatter
Google News Redesign Is Not An Improvement
« on: June 27, 2017, 10:01:08 PM »
GOOGLE, your redesign makes things harder to use and LESS User friendly

https://www.blog.google/topics/journalism-news/redesigning-google-news-everyone/
Interesting!

erltprl2

• Administrator
  • Mad Chatter
Interesting!

erltprl2

• Administrator
  • Mad Chatter
Re: Google News Redesign Is Not An Improvement
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 12:31:53 AM »
https://memeburn.com/2017/06/google-news-update/

GetYourOwnName • 21 hours ago

It's awful, and not because users are habitual and resistant to change. It's text-heavy, ugly, and worst: It's no longer possible to quickly scan multiple articles at once, which the eyes and brain are exquisitely adapted to do. Not an improvement, Google!

Share ›

Graham Ellington • a day ago

Terrible. It was"cluttered" before? No . . . it had a dozen or more headlines to click on before scrolling down for even more. Now? ONE news item, and one only, appears. I feel like I've been downgraded to what works for a 10-year-old. Really, it's insulting.

Share ›

Conservative Graham Ellington • 7 hours ago

Exactly this.

If anything, it was too "simple" before, because it only showed like 5 articles in each category. I want like 100, with scrollbars, or 1000, I want to quickly be able to scan across tons of articles with my eyes and find what I want using my own brain, and a search function. I don't want "fake news" filters, morons picking out what news I should be seeing, etc, I just want giant lists of news articles that are taking up as much screen space as possible - hell, make it 10 point font so I can fit 1000 on the screen at once and I'd be happier.

Google's redesign is moving in exactly the wrong direction - it's moving in the direction of news for those morons who use their phones for everything.
    •
    •
    Share ›

Graham Ellington Conservative • an hour ago

I've switched to http://newslookup.com. Best I've found so far.
    •
    •
    Share ›

Proud American ????????? • 13 hours ago

WTF is this? It turned my 24" monitor into a cell phone screen

Share ›

Alan Williamson • 20 hours ago

I have to agree with this and many of the comments. Google has to understand who was using Google News. It wasn't the average person on the street - those are taking their news from the single source that aligns best with their political beliefs.

Google News was an aggregator for news junkies - those that wish to see different points of views, compare and contrast different reporting and see at a snapshot a large amount of news in one place.

Hell, even CNN has more news on a single page view than Google News has. Ridiculous.

Google News was never meant nor should it strive to be pretty - it is a data feed and therefore requires to be functional. This page was to us news junkies what Bloomberg terminal is to stock traders - we don't need wasteful whitespace, we need data.

Now Google News .. please listen to the feedback (and I would urge you all to send in the FEEDBACK button on the page) and give us back the old layout.
Interesting!