Author Topic: Heroin is Hell. It Will Kill You.  (Read 13524 times)

Lisowczyk

• Mad Chatter
Re: Heroin is Hell. It Will Kill You.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 10:03:25 PM »

Vandelay Industries

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2016, 11:12:48 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9L8jLPE84g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9L8jLPE84g</a>

erltprl2

• Administrator
  • Mad Chatter
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 08:22:42 PM »
Interesting!

kimberlygretchen

• Mad Chatter
  • a very stable genius
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2016, 08:38:41 PM »
Similar incident made the news in RVA a few years ago.

Car parked in Walgreens lot. Police found female with needle, passed out in the driver's seat. Child in a car seat in the back.

Those poor kids. In OH & VA.  :'(

And elsewhere.

k-g

Clearly they didn't mean to pass out. They just needed to fix their Jones. But the strength/potency of some of the drugs on the street these days can be extreme. So strong that the smell of it has killed some drug sniffing dogs.
Trauma may happen to you, but it can never define you.   Melinda Longtin

kimberlygretchen

• Mad Chatter
  • a very stable genius
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 06:24:35 PM »

She had been rather attractive at one time.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/horrifying-pictures-show-parents-overdosed-8802062

http://heavy.com/news/2016/09/rhonda-pasek-james-lee-acord-ohio-opiate-heroin-addiction-photos-east-liverpool-child-fentanyl-photos-overdose/
According to the police report, the child was later identified as Pasek’s son. Columbiana County children’s Services was called and he was taken to the police department. WTOV reports that the child was being taken care of by a neighbor.

“It’s sad that this area has a drug problem, the heroin problem, and this is what you’re seeing,” East Liverpool Patrolman Kevin Thompson told WTOV. “And the children, unfortunately, are one of the biggest victims of that.”

k-g

I'm thankful that the child is being cared for.

hoodatsaydat

• The Sage SeaBee
  • Mad Chatter
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 06:53:43 PM »
Years ago I was a volunteer at Phoenix House so I am well acquainted with heroin and how it works. Heroin is a deceiver. At first it makes you feel good. You want to feel even better so you increase the dose and it works for a while but then you need it in ever increasing doses to keep that high. Finally the cost gets more than you can scrape up. You can't come up with that much money but you can't quit. It isn't done with you. Now it takes the same amount that used to get you high just to stay normal enough to get through the day. It's a never ending cycle till you OD or cut your wrists.
What I saw there would keep me off hard drugs forever.
ETERNAL VIGILANCE IS THE PRICE OF LIBERTY

erltprl2

• Administrator
  • Mad Chatter
Interesting!

Old and In The Way (aka Lake)

• Mad Chatter
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 09:49:13 PM »
You will be glad to know that Bayer, the company that invented heroin is acquiring Monsanto.

vly3

• Galactic Overlord
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2016, 06:26:31 PM »
It soon became absolutely clear to us that the earlier Skinner box experiments did not prove that morphine was irresistible to rats. Rather, most of the consumption of rats isolated in a Skinner box was likely to be a response to isolation itself.
http://www.brucekalexander.com/articles-speeches/rat-park/148-addiction-the-view-from-rat-park

Very interesting artice about rat park.

Old and In The Way (aka Lake)

• Mad Chatter
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2016, 09:13:41 PM »
If we are to believe the politicians here in Northern New England, the biggest issue facing the nation today is "the opioid epidemic"

Politicians of both parties are calling for more treatment, support and myriad additional services for addicts.

I am aware of no treatment method which is even 50% effective over a 5 year period. Is there one?

I am aware of many methods and organizations having claimed there is a cure. Anyone else remember Synanon? Don't believe any worked.

The current deaths up here, seem to be because heroin is being laced with fentanyl, and no one is telling the junkies to cut their dosage.

Only solution I see is the death penalty for pushers who adulterate their heroin and cause a death.

cate

• Mad Chatter
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2016, 10:11:51 PM »

I thing drs restricting prescription pain meds add to the illegal drug ods . Chronic pain is no joke, needs relief.If That option is cut off, what then?
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
                   Oscar Wilde

kimberlygretchen

• Mad Chatter
  • a very stable genius
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2016, 05:51:01 AM »

I thing drs restricting prescription pain meds add to the illegal drug ods . Chronic pain is no joke, needs relief.If That option is cut off, what then?

A significant part of the problem — as I understand it — is that the opioids are properly prescribed, but in many instances, the patient cannot afford the price, so turns instead to street H, with all of it's well-documented problems. :'(

k-g

Boston Mike

• Mad Chatter
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2016, 12:44:31 PM »
Who is lacing the heroin with fentanyl? Who is tracking that down?
Anyone who believes they are a self-made person has a very selective memory --
Frits van Paasschen

kimberlygretchen

• Mad Chatter
  • a very stable genius
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2016, 06:54:39 PM »
Who is lacing the heroin with fentanyl? Who is tracking that down?

Who isn't?

Mostly dealt with at the state level, AFAIK.

Apparently it is especially rampant in Ohio.

Worse, dealers are cutting H with Fentanyl and carfentanil which is unbelievably more potent. Carfentanil is 10,000 times more potent than morphine, which means you can cut the H with lethal, yet untraceable amounts of carfentanil.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/08/25/heroin-cut-with-elephant-tranquilizer-may-have-caused-60-overdoses-across-two-states-in-just-48-hours/

I just learned of carfentanil this aftenoon on Hear and Now. Podcast: http://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2016/10/19/carfentanil-opioid-epidemic

k-g